Perfect for Spring and Summer, as it is amazing both hot and cold!
What you'll need:
- 4 Large Ripe Tomatoes
- 3 Large Onions
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Handful of fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Cup of White Wine
- (3 tbsp) Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper
How to make it:
- Start of with taking a large pot full of water. Bring it to a boil and put the tomatoes inside to scald.
- Peel and chop both the onions and the garlic into chunks, and place them in a pot with olive oil and the bay leaves. Leave it until the onions start getting translucid.
(or, if you want a low fat version)
Peel and chop both the onions and the garlic into chunks, and place them in a microwave safe recipient for 6 minutes. Afterwards place them in the pot with a glass of water and the bay leaves and let it cook until translucid.
- Once your tomatoes are scalded (you should notice cracks in the skin) peel them while they're still hot. Use the help of a fork and a knife so you don't burn yourself.
- Chop your tomatoes into chunks and add them with the onions. Add water until completely covered and bring it to a boil.
- Add the wine and let it boil for approximately 7min.
- Season with 1 1/2 tbsp of sea salt, 1 tsp of oregano, and pepper and nutmeg to taste. Bring the heat down and let it simmer for 20 min.
- Mince your fresh basil and add it to the soup. Put in your 3 tbsp of olive oil (if you haven't added any yet) and take it off the heat.
- Mix well, serve it and enjoy =)!